Tangy Veggie Wrap
You’ll be pleased to hear that just one wrap also contains 16 grams of protein, 20% of your daily needed fiber and more than 100% of your recommended vitamin A and C intake. Awesome!
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 small carrots
- Small red onion/half a large red onion
- Quarter bell pepper (your favorite color)
- Small handful of spinach leaves (or similar)
- 2 cm ginger
- 100 grams cottage cheese
- Greek yogurt/sour cream to taste (for vegans: hummus, mashed avocado, mashed chick peas, or vegan mayo would be a great substitute to the cottage cheese and yogurt)
- Zest of half a lemon
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard/wasabi paste
- 2 tortilla wraps
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: Add 2 big spoons of bean sprouts - if you like them, they're really healthy!
- Roast the sunflower seeds in a pan without any oil/fat until golden brown.
- Peel and grate the carrots. Wash and dice the the bell pepper (get rid of the seeds and white bits).
- Peel the onion and cut in thin rings. Wash and drain the spinach. Wash the bean sprouts with cold water and let them dry.
- For the dressing: Peel the ginger and grate it into a bowl. Add the cottage cheese, Greek yogurt (or your vegan substitute), lemon zest and dijon mustard and mix it well.
- Spread the dressing mixture onto the wraps, stopping about 1cm from the edge. Lay out the spinach leaves on top.
- Put the carrots, paprika, onions and bean sprouts in a wide line down the middle and sprinkle the roasted sunflower seeds on top.
- Season with a dash of salt and pepper and fold the wraps a little on both sides, then at the bottom and roll it as tightly as possible (without squishing the insides out!).
- Cut the wraps into halves and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe Courtesy of Hurry the Food Up