Grilling isn't all about the meats! Try this awesome and easy recipe!
- 3 portabello mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4-ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated extra sharp cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely minced
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh spinach, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean off any dirt. Dry well. Do not rinse under water. Using a spoon, take out the black gills of the mushrooms. Also remove the stems. Using your hands, rub oil onto the outside of the mushrooms.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, sharp cheddar, garlic and spinach. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix until combined. Divide cheese mixture between three prepared mushroom caps (I used my hands for this!).
- Put on the grill, cover and cook until cheese is melted and mushroom is cooked, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
Don't have a grill? Make these in the oven, 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes should be good! You want to see the cheese bubbling.
Recipe Courtesy of Rachelcooks.com