We don’t know about you, but during summer our feet can take a beating. Sandals all day everyday! So here's a homemade foot scrub to help heal and rejuvenate your feet this summer. It also makes a super cute gift!
It’s very easy to make too. Here’s what you’ll need and why it’s good for your skin/feet:
- Coconut Oil – This super oil is great for your skin & very hydrating.
- Epson salt – It’s a natural exfoliant and anti-inflammation remedy that’s great to treat dry skin, sore muscles, small wounds and even to fight illness. Anyone else’s feet sore at the end of the day? That’s why I used it as an exfoliant in this recipe
- Limes for their zest – It’s known to rejuvenate skin, protect from infection & reduce odor! (maybe you’re husband will like this scrub too!)
- Baking soda – Helps protect feet from microbial infections & bad odor.
- Lime Essential Oil – Helps reduce pain and makes the scrub smell lovely.
- Citrus zester (or cheese grater if you don’t have one) – Just to zest the limes
- Glass containers – To package it all pretty!
- Start by using a double broiler or two glass containers to heat the coconut oil. Put hot water in one glass bowl and then set the other glass bowl on top. Heat it through until it’s entirely a liquid. About 2 Tbsp for a half a cup of Epson salt. You can adjust this with how oily you want it. I wanted more of a scrub.
- Add the Lime Essential Oil and mix completely. Just a couple drops!
- Add the Epson salt and baking soda and mix together. I added 1/2 cup of Epson salt and 1 Tbsp of baking soda.
- Zest of one lime over it all and blend. It smells lovely!
- Voila! You’ve got a lovely smelling and great for your foot scrub