Forget dinner and a movie this year. Since Valentine's Day lands on a Saturday, you've got a great opportunity to spend time with a loved one doing something a bit more active than just sitting down for a meal or watching a movie (although Fifty Shades of Grey is tempting!).
Here are 10 date alternatives that will not only help you burn some calories, but hopefully be lots of fun.
1. Knock em' down. Maybe you're competitive. Maybe your sweetheart is. Either way, a game of bowling can instill some friendly banter.
2. Take a hike. Living in California means we get better weather than most of the country on V Day. Take advantage of the sun and enjoy some fresh air. Plus, it's a great way to get your 10,000 steps in during Heart Health Month.
3. Be an Art Critic. Spend your day getting lost in a museum. A little culture never hurt anyone.
4. Get a surf lesson. Is there a sport you've always wanted to try? It could be surfing, scuba diving, horseback riding, whatever. The point is to try something new with your Valentine.
5. Shake it off. Dancing can be fun at any age and with so many different genres and styles, you're bound to find something that you can both enjoy.
6. Fly like a bird. Jumping out of a plane isn't for everyone, but it's a great option if you're the adventurous type. Or if you just want to cross it off that bucket list.
7. Go round and round. Valentine's Day sounds like a great time to take a romantic bike ride for two. If you want to mix it up, try a tandem bike or a Harley Motorcycle if you want to ride on the wild side.
8. Just breathe. Yoga can be quite a workout, but is also a great way for the mind to relax and just be.
9. Get a couple's massage. Okay, so technically this isn't really keeping you active, but if you do any of the above, then you deserve to reward yourself.
10. And last, but certainly not least you can always participate in a great make-out session. It is after all a day to celebrate love.