BELL PEPPER NACHOS
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3/4 c. salsa, no sugar added
- 1 c. grated cheddar cheese, reduced-fat
- 3 bell peppers
- Remove seeds, core, and membrane from bell peppers then slice each one into 6 vertical pieces where they dip down. Set sliced bell peppers aside.
- Cook ground turkey over medium-high heat, breaking up as it cooks. Cook until the turkey loses its pink color and is cooked through. Drain off any fat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine cooked turkey with spices and salsa. Evenly distribute mixture into the bell pepper boats, top with cheese. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are hot.
- Remove from the oven and add additional toppings, if desired.
- Optional ingredients: sliced jalapeno peppers, diced avocado, fat-free Greek yogurt or sour cream, or sliced green onions.