Try this this yummy, no pectin, Peach Jam Recipe!
- 3 1/2 pounds peaches (1 lb = 3 to 4 medium peaches), peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 2 1/2 cups sugar (remember, you can start with less sugar and add more if needed)
- Juice from one lemon (Lemon juice is naturally high in pectin and will help the jam set.)
- Add peaches and lemon juice to medium sauce pan. Bring to boil over med high heat, using a spatula or masher to crush peaches to desired consistency.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add sugar. Bring peaches back to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Continue to boil and stir, until peaches reduce and reach desired consistency. (Anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes – jam should stick to spoon when lifted and turned sideways.)