This easy dessert tastes exactly like summer! Soft juicy peaches with a thick oaty crumb topping… Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, this healthy crumble is an irresistible summer treat!
- 4 extra large peaches, diced (or 5-6 medium)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- ¾ c old-fashioned oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- ¼ c whole wheat flour (or millet flour)
- 2 tbsp agave
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted (or margarine)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly coat an 8”-square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the diced peaches, cornstarch, almond extract, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, and remaining cinnamon. Add in the agave and butter, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Spread the peach mixture into the prepared pan, and evenly sprinkle the oat crumbs on top. Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes, or until the peach juice is bubbling and the oat mixture turns crunchy. Cool completely to room temperature. For best results, let the crumble rest for 2 hours after coming to room temperature before serving to allow the juices to thicken.