French fries are usually fried to within an inch of their lives and made with not-great-for-you white potatoes. Sweet potatoes have 400% more Vitamin A in them than white potatoes. They also have more Vitamin C, fewer calories, more fiber and few net carbs than a white potato, despite having more sugar. By using sweet potatoes and baking them, you can enjoy your baked sweet potato fries with less guilt!
- 2 lb Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Paprika
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, combine oil & spices.
- If leaving the skin on, scrub your sweet potatoes really well. If not, peel your potatoes.
- Cut sweet potatoes into ¼" fries.
- Toss fries in olive oil to coat.
- Spread fries out on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning occasionally or until fries are browned.
Recipe Courtesy of Moms Need to Know