Have you ever tried grilling sweet potatoes? It’s quick and easy. You just peel the sweet potatoes, slice them into 1/4-inch slices, paint them with olive oil, sprinkle on some salt, and place on a hot grill.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (including tender stems)
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest or lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare the grill, prep the sweet potatoes: Prepare your grill for hot, direct heat.
- While the grill is heating up, peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise, or on a diagonal, into 1/4 inch-thick pieces.
- Coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with Kosher salt.
- Make cilantro lime dressing: Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
- Grill the sweet potatoes: Once the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato pieces down onto the grill grates. Cover the grill and cook until each side gets some grill marks, between 3-6 minutes for each side, depending on how hot your grill is.
- Toss with dressing: Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the dressing and serve hot.