- 8 aluminum foil sheets large enough to wrap around one chicken breast
- 4 (4-ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2-cup barbecue sauce (use your favorite)
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 red, green or yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 8 asparagus spears
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- For each foil pack, prepare two sheets of aluminum foil; place the sheets one on top of the other for durability.
- Place one chicken breast on each stacked pair of foil sheets; season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Brush each chicken breast with 1 to 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce.
- Divide equally and arrange vegetables around each chicken breast; season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle chicken and vegetables with little olive oil.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the chicken, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
- Transfer foil packets to the preheated grill rack and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done, turning once.
- Chicken is done when thermometer reads 165F.
- Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes.
IF COOKING IN THE OVEN
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare chicken as directed above.
- Seal the packets closed and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from oven and let stand few minutes.